Thursday, October 2, 2014

A couple more finishes

I finished Frank's Family Portrait in August and my local needlework shop did a fabulous job framing it!

And I just finished the Owl Candle Band from the Oct 2014 issue of Just Cross Stitch.  I left off one owl on either side to fit my fabric and I used 14 ct aida instead of the called for perforated paper so that I can make a wall hanging or something with it.
The bad news is that I have to start TW's Camelot Sampler over from scratch.  I don't know why it didn't click in my brain that 2 over 1 on 28 ct wasn't going to work.  And it's impossible to frog it too.  So just easier to start over.  I've got a new piece of fabric prepped so it's ready to start but some other Halloween stitching probably comes first.

I've also been working on a free Gingerbread House SAL by Shannon Wasilieff.  Here's my progress with the frame & 2 houses:

No comments:

Post a Comment