Sunday, January 15, 2017

Flosstube Year In Review Tag

(Hosted by Jessie Marie from JessieDoesStuff on YouTube)

Favorites / Least Favorites
1. WIP: My favorite WIP was Postcards From The World by Cloudsfactory.  My least favorite was Deep Sea Fishes by Dimensions.
2. Finish: Favorite was Postcards, least favorite was Cliffside Beacon by Dimensions
3. FFO:  Favorite was Ginger Friends by Mill Hill, least favorite was the Dragon Card.
4. New Start: Favorite was Red Velvet Cake by Glendon Place, least favorite is the Lakeside Fantasy SAL.
5. Tool: Favorite was needle minders, can't think of a least favorite that I used...
6. Technique: Favorite is the loop start!
7. Material: Favorite is jobelan, least favorite is stiff aida
8. Pattern release of 2016: Favorite is Postcards or Brave by DoNaStitch

How Many...
9. WIPs at the start of year? 5
10. WIPs at the end of the year? 12
11. Starts during the year? 22  (counts all the Star Wars characters as 1)
12. Finishes during the year?  16 (all Star Wars count as 1)
13. FFOs?  8 + 22 Star Wars ornaments (with 7 still waiting FFO)
14. UFOs - temporary? Lakeside Fantasy SAL & Blackwork Cross bookmarks
15. UFOs - permanent? None
16. Full coverage pages complete? One for A Victorian Christmas Eve

First and Last
17. Start: First was Red Velvet Cake, last was Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles
18. Finish: First was Cliffside Beacon, last was Deep Sea Fishes

Regrets
19. Purchase?  Lakeside Fantasy SAL...should have waited to see the characters
20. Starting? Nope
21. Stopping? None
22. Not participating?  No regrets

New / New to You
23. Tool:  Needle minders, snag nab it
24. Technique / Stitch: None
25. Designer: DoNaStitch, Cloudsfactory, HAED, Satsuma Street
26. Fabric: 2016 was the first time I tried jobelan and I love it.
27. Thread:  First time I used silk floss!  Red Velvet Cake uses Dinky Dyes.
28. Vendor / Shop:  Lots
29. Terminology: Flosstube! And I discovered Stitch Maynia!!!
30. FlossTube Channels: I discovered Flosstube in 2016 and LOVE it...I think I subscribe to about 50 flosstubers!

A Mix of Questions
31. What did you learn this year?  How to sew my own pillow ornaments thanks to Vonna! And thanks to Stitchmania for all the SAL events to teach me that more WIPs is not a bad thing and my stitchy bug likes rotations shorter than a week.
32. What did you teach someone this year?  I spread the word about Flosstube and Maynia...
33. Did you become real life friends with any stitchers you only knew via social media previously? in previous years, but didn't meet any new folks in 2016.
34. Are you happy with what you accomplished this year? Yes.
35. Similarly, what were your goals for 2016? How do they measure up to what you accomplished?  I had a baby in 2015 so I just wanted to get back stitching in 2016, finish a baby piece for my friend (Cliffside Beacon) and enjoy my hobby, which I did!
36. Has your stitching style or organization changed during the year? If so, how? If no, are there any changes or improvements you’d like to make?  Yes!  I rotate more frequently and certainly have had more starts than ever before but a variety of WIPs helps keep the stitchy bug happy.  
37. Did you fall victim to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)? Were there any projects that you would pass on starting if you were given the chance to go back in time and do all over?  I didn't join the CF Postcards SAL until the Jan-Mar designs had been released and I loved it, so when the Lakeside Fantasy SAL was announced, I bought it right away because I usually like Durene's designs and love Fantasy but I haven't been completely happy with the monthly designs. 
38. Did you participate in any SALs? If so, which one was your favorite?  Postcards!
39. What did you learn about yourself through your stitching this year?  A variety of WIPs that are rotated between 3-7 days works best for me. 
40. What was your favorite event that you participated in this year?  The Stitch Maynia Olympics SAL
41. Were there any 2016 "Stitching Fads" that you didn’t jump on the bandwagon for but you’re still considering?  No, not tempted by Death By Cross Stitch or some of the other SALs.

2017
42. What project are you most looking forward to starting?  HAEDs (2 started already in the first 2 weeks of 2017) and my Guardian Angel by Lavender & Lace as a remembrance piece for my angel babies.
43. What project are you most looking forward to finishing?  My focus on a finish piece for 2017 is A Victorian Christmas Eve which is now my oldest WIP.
44. Do you intend to be more determined or laid back in your stitching in the coming year?  Determined!
45. What event are you most looking forward to participating in? All the Stitchmania monthly SALs
46. What are your stitchy resolutions for next year?  Enjoy! Try not to start too many new things in hopes of finishing some WIPs, and I'm also doing Stitch From Stash. 
47. Will you be participating in any SALs?  I'm considering the CF Fabulous Women in History and the Stitchrovia Charity MIND SAL but I'll wait to see more before purchasing them. 
48. Are there any materials / stitches / techniques you’d like to try in the new year? Nope

Non-stitching
49. What was the best thing that happened to you this year?  The best thing that happened I can't discuss because of a Non-disclosure agreement I signed!
50. What are your resolutions for next year?  Enjoy life & my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment