Monday, January 6, 2014

A stitchy package & my progress

I received my recent purchase from 123Stitch today in the mail.
  The floss on the bobbin is Turkish Red from Weeks Dye Works.  I've been waiting for it to arrive so I can finish CCN's Christmas Tree Farm.  It looks pretty blah without that pop of red on it!
I'm mad at myself for rushing to get this started because I messed up the orientation of the linen so I don't have an even border of fabric all the way around.  I should still have enough for the framer to stretch it for framing but I'm still miffed that I didn't take more time & double check when I started.  I'll have to take it off the Q-snap and stitch the top border by hand.

Stitching From Stash update: I spent 99 cents today on the digital version of the newest Cross Stitch Card Shop from GooglePlay Newstand.  It's my only stitchy-related purchase so far this month but as I still have Christmas gift money left, it won't count towards my monthly expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment