Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Stitch Maynia update (Days 1-9)

As planned, I've done a variety of new starts and WIPs so far this month.  Here's my progress with pictures!

Days 1-2:  I worked on Camelot Sampler by Teresa Wentzler.  This was a restart in 2014.  I decided to try gridding because there's so much confetti and it helped.  I worked on the Camelot medallion and a bit on the border.

Day 3: I stitched up 3 of the frames and 4 of the baubles on Postcards from the World.  No picture of this one...lost it.

Day 4 (Star Wars Day): I started and finished Boba Fett from weelittlestitches' Star Wars Enemies on Etsy.  This is just the first of many as I'm going to make each character into an ornament for a Star Wars xmas tree for my brother.

Day 5:  I started and finished Chicks by Lizzie Kate.  The fabric is a nice lavender color.


Day 6 & 7:  I completed New Delhi in my Postcards from the World.  I left off 1 bird to put in the postmark.

 And here's an overall picture of the piece.  You can see the other 2 frames that I stitched on day 3.

Day 8: I started and finished Fall Squared by Lizzie Kate.  I changed some of the DMC colors. Not too happy with my pumpkins though.  This will be a teacher gift.

Day 9: I started Skating Penguins for a xmas card for a penguin-crazy friend.  This is from I love Cross Stitch's Fast Christmas Cards booklet.



And here's a bonus...when I was going through all my patterns before Stitch Maynia, I found this FO among the leaflets I got from my mom.  She stitched this many many years ago because she liked it...now to find someone who is expecting a little boy!


1 comment: